As a good corporate citizen, we take our responsibilities to our staff and the environment seriously. We maintain corporate policies on non-discrimination, equal opportunities, and our environmental impact. These are summarised below. Interested parties can request the full wording of these policies on request.
Equal opportunities and discrimination policy
Business Thinking believes that it is an ethical obligation on all businesses to provide a work environment that offers equal opportunities to all, free from discrimination:
We aim to ensure that all of our employees and job applicants are treated equally, irrespective of disability, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or marital status. The Company shall appoint, train, develop and promote on the basis of merit and ability.
- Our employees have a moral and legal duty not to discriminate against individuals on account of disability, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or marital status.
- Our employees have personal responsibility for the practical application of the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy that extends to the treatment of clients, members of the public, associates and employees.
- Any employees who are involved with the recruitment, selection, promotion and training of associates or employees have special responsibility for the practical application of the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Our Grievance Procedure is available to any associate or employee who believes that he or she may have been unfairly discriminated against.
- Disciplinary action under the disciplinary procedure is taken against any employee who is found to have committed an act of unlawful discrimination. Discriminatory conduct and sexual or racial harassment is regarded as gross misconduct.
We believe that environmental concerns play an important part in the way we work, and that all companies should consider their impact on the environment when they design how their business works. We therefore consider not only our own impact on the environment when we deliver our services but also how our solutions affect our clients’ impact on the environment.
As an office based business, we take positive steps to minimise our impact upon the environment in the following areas:
- Use of Paper – we produce a number of reports, records of meetings, etc. In order to reduce the environmental impact in this area, we use recycled paper where possible, distribute materials electronically and reduce the number of copies of reports produced for clients to one unless otherwise requested.
- Travel – some travel is essential, however, unnecessary travel is reduced through the use of web and telephone conferencing to supplement face-to-face meetings and we encourage telecommuting where possible.
- Recycling – we recycle paper and computer consumables where possible.
- Disposal of computer equipment – we dispose of our old computer equipment through approved channels.
- Client Solutions – when developing solutions for our clients the environmental impact is considered as one of the drivers of the design.